Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Finished products

While there are technically a few things we have to do around the house, since I think there will always be something to do, I'm going to call our house DONE. Here is what we've finished in the past week.

Porch: After impatiently waiting 5 days for the plaster to dry and then going through 5 tubes of caulk making sure all the seams of the trim were filled, I finally was able to paint the porch (something I have been waiting for for months). You really don't know how big a room is until you paint it. We went with a cream/yellow with white trim.We will eventually add storage benches in the hall and cabinets.




New Closet


Upstairs Hallway: I am so excited that we can no longer see where the door used to be at the end of the stairs. Now it is all painted and nice (we're going to get carpet in a few weeks for the stairs and upstairs hall)


 

Until we decide to put a bathroom in, we're using the nook upstairs as a reading area


The offices: I don't think I've shown any pictures of Nate's office or my office in awhile and since they are now finished, I will show you.

Nate's Office: Nate's office is in the second bedroom upstairs and is also our second guest room when we have a lot of guests over (the couch is a pull out). It isn't fully decorated yet but since it is the biggest bedroom in the house, we can fit all of our files (there are two large filing cabinets in there) and such in there and still have space for everything else. Eventually we will put Nate's chalkboard up as well.




My Office: My office is on the first floor and is the smallest room in the house. It is great because during the winter it gets super warm and so it doubles as a den (we have a tv and a couch in there) so we don't have to turn the heat on as high. The built ins are finally painted as well and work great at holding all my stuff.




While the house is "done" the blog is not. Stay tuned for a room by room before to after progression. And just in case you forgot we were renovating with two dogs running around, this is what happens when you are painting and don't pay attention for a couple of seconds:


 Thank goodness they got hair cuts two days later

No comments:

Post a Comment